There are certain perks that come with running for President.
You get to be famous, you get to have your own Secret Service team. And, apparently, you can hang out with the cast of your favorite TV show.
At least that's what's going on with President Obama.
A recently announced election fundraiser in Martha's Vineyard (Aug. 15) will feature the POTUS with the cast of HBO's "The Wire."
For those of you who don't know, during an interview back in March, POTUS revealed that his favorite TV show was the premium cable crime drama, which ran from 2002 to 2008 and is credited by many as being the "best show on television -- EVER!" with its gritty depiction of the lives of drug dealers in Baltimore's inner city.
The coolest part is the fact that Actor Michael Kenneth Williams, who played the President's favorite character (Omar Little), will be there, too. Who else will be in attendance?
Here's the list:
- Jamie Hector - a.k.a. Drug Kingpin Marlo Stanfield;
- Clarke Peters -- a.k.a Detective Lester Freamon;
- Wendell Pierce -- a.k.a Detective William "Bunk" Moreland;
- Andre Royo -- a.k.a. Junkie/Informant "Bubbles"; and
- Sonja Sohn -- a.k.a. Detective Kima Greggs.
The best part? For $500, you, too, can attend the reception and hang with the POTUS and his favorite actors.
|< Prev||Next >|