GLITTARAZZI

Chat Ali Lewis! Chat Kelly Ann!

Rick Santorum: Long Primary Fight Is Good For The GOP (Time To Grab The Popcorn)

ricksantorumfight 2012_4_3

It’s no secret that we’re politics junkies.

Some people have either football or baseball, we have politics.

So, you can understand just how much we've been enjoying the roller coaster ride that has been the Republican presidential primary season. It’s been fun!

But, we also get that some people aren’t really enjoying the drawn out battle for the Republican nomination -- especially, since, pretty much everyone as already proclaimed Mitt Romney the foregone conclusion of the process. Some are even saying that the fighting amongst candidates is hurting the GOP’s image for the general election.

One person, who disagrees with that theory? Rick Santorum.

He recently told a group of supporters that he believes the long process is actually good for the party while at a cheese-shop in Wisconsin on Monday.

"The longer it goes, the better it is for the party," he said. "If I thought that prolonging this race was a detrimental thing for our chances to win in the fall, I may take a different course. … I would argue even if it ends up in a convention, that’s a positive thing for the Republican Party. That’s a positive thing for activating and energizing our folks heading into this fall election.”

And, of course Rick compared the 2012 Republican nomination fight to the 2008 Democrat nomination battle.

“What was it a week, two weeks, before the Democratic convention that Clinton, Hillary Clinton finally conceded she wasn't going to win?” he asked.

More like more than two months before the convention, Rick.

But, if you think you can keep going that far ... we say go for it!

[Grabs popcorn.]

Editor's note:  We love us some Rick Santorum!

blog comments powered by Disqus